HETTANZ Scholarship Reports
Please find attached the reports from the 2012 HETTANZ Scholarship recipients, following completion of their individual courses.
Each year the Association provides scholarships for members doing additional development.
HETTANZ study scholarship
What is this scholarship?
This is a financial award available to HETTANZ members who wish to undertake further studies, to advance their teaching qualification. The scholarship fund for 2013 is $3000. Distribution of this will be dependent on the number of successful applicants.
Purpose of scholarship:
- To assist HETTANZ members to improve their existing qualifications.
- To encourage HETTANZ members to undertake further studies.
- To enhance teaching and learning in Home Economics and Technology.
- To assist in gaining a further qualification.
Eligibility to apply for a scholarship:
- Permanently appointed full-time teacher
- Permanently appointed part-time teacher
- HETTANZ member holding either full individual or school membership
What does the scholarship provide:
- Monetary contribution towards cost of papers being studied (in the year for which the scholarship is awarded)
- The scholarship money is not for any other related costs such as travel expenses and teacher relief.
- Notify HETTANZ national secretary of acceptance of scholarship.
- Notify HETTANZ national secretary if there is a change to study plan.
- Return scholarship money if study is not undertaken.
- Provide evidence (receipt) from place of study (University) to show use of scholarship money.
- Provide confirmation of successful completion of study for which scholarship money was awarded.
- Applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
- Study is related to enhanced teaching and learning in Home Economics and or Technology.
- Completeness and clarity of application.
- State qualification sought.
- Identify any papers already gained.
- Indicate when qualification is expected to be completed.
- List tertiary institute providing course of study.
- List each paper with ‘paper’ code, level, title and credit or points value.
- Indicate in which semester paper(s) will be taken.
- Detail cost per paper.
- Provide a succinct personal statement outlining how this study:
- Fits into the teaching and learning of Home Economics and or Technology.
- Helps to address disadvantages you may be experiencing because of current qualification.
Purpose of study and how it:
- Meets the purpose of this HETTANZ scholarship.
- Could contribute towards furthering government goals for education.
- Will impact on your professional practice.
- Will benefit your students, school, colleagues, and the education sector.
Letters of support:
- From two professional colleagues.
- Brief curriculum vitae.
No photographs or samples of work required.
Applications to be sent by 1 February 2014 to the National HETTANZ Secretary